Sunday - June Sunday 22, 2008
Well, as everybody probably knows, I once had another Blog. I only posted one entry to it, so that entry was technically my "first" blog entry. However, this is my "first" entry to this...my new blog; but this is my "2nd" blog entry of all time. Is that clear as muck in a swamp or what? Anyway, don't expect to read about too much excitement here! My life can be quite mundane at times.
The reason I decided to entitle this blog, "My Memory......What Memory?" is because I'm pretty sure I must be getting Alzhiemer's! I think it must be catching here in the Retirement State. (Smile, Mom & Dad!)
By the way, Happy Summer Everybody! WooHoo! Yeah, right!... As always, during the Summer here, it's really hot and humid! Usually, unbearably so! Old fogies like me, who can't take the heat anymore, end up mostly hibernating in the airconditioned BORING indoors We seem to have finally settled into our Summer pattern of there being thunderstorms every afternoon. I sure wish Spring and Fall (temperatures) would last a bit longer here! Those two seasons seem to be gone in a blink of the eye. (GROAN!)
One of our church choir members invited the whole choir over to his house early last evening for a Low-Country Boil. For those of you who don't have a clue what that is, here's a short explanation: A Low-Country Boil is where all kinds of seafood, including shrimp and clams, are tossed into a great big cooking pot, along with spices, and boiled (obviously). It ends up being like a soup or stew. Yummy!...uh...Well, at least I think it's yummy! Since Uncle Mark practically hates all seafood, and there were a couple of other people there that didn't like seafood, there were grilled hamburgers and hot dogs for them to eat. It's always great fun to get together with good friends and eat delicious food! Don't y'all agree?
Well, now I have to contact all my friends and family members and let them know about this, my new blog! However, I would just like to ask everyone, as I did with my first blog, to please NOT post "a link" on your blogs to "my blog." This blog is mainly for your "special eyes" only! Thanks a bunch, and continue all that Happy Blogging!....That includes you too, Bryan, and/or Bryan's room mate (when Bryan hasn't posted a blog entry in eons...as if I'm not guilty of the same thing)!
Auntie C
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Actually, that wasn't Bryan's roommate posting on Bryan's blog, it was me. lol
Welcome back to the realm of bloggimg. BTW, the term "low country boil" brings to mind South Carolina, where the coastal part of the state is known as the "low country", followed by the "sand hills" to the west, with the Piedmont even further west, and finally the "highlands" over near Spartanburg and Greenville. Of course, the practice of boiling the seafood is more prevalent in Louisiana, but I don't believe the natives there refer to the "low country". (I could be mistaken, however.)
The plural form "low countries" is also a historical term for the area around the 17 provinces which were a thorn in the side of Charles V during the 80-years' war, comprising what today is Luxemburg, Belgium, the Netherlands, and the French Netherlands portion of France. Its history is fascinating. I have some material which tenuously traces our ancestry back to Valois, and possibly even Lothair, on the Rowell side, and more solidly to Penelope Prinsess on the Fordham side. Wikipedia has some good stuff on Low Countries.
Anyway, welcome back to the blogosphere.
*hides head in hands and cries softly*
Way to go Dubby! Heh! Heh!
As for old man...Groan! Way too much information! Especially, since I already knew ALL that. But, perhaps, someone else who reads your comment might learn something new.
This was a demonstration of what can happen when you leave your blog open: people can stop by and drop their garbage in it. Exactly like what happens when you keep an open mind. Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck, Al Sharpton and Ted Kennedy ain't got nuthin' on me, bro, ...
Now she is going to be scared to post anything. She might mention mosquitoes and you will give an analysis of the weather in Tanzania -- for the last 150 years.
Well, ya' gotta love him anyway.
Well...Duh! I also ALREADY KNOW, Old Man, that anyone can read and post a comment on my blog, IF they want to. I just asked y'all not to post a link on your blogs to mine, because I don't want to "openly invite" others to read my blog....Also, I know NOT to post things on my blog that I wouldn't want a stranger, or a prospective future employer, reading.
Post a Comment